Wednesday 12 February 2014

The Memorable Day of My Life

       It was the month of June and the weather was changing. The summer was finally giving way to the rainy season. Of course, I was delighted to get rid of the heat and enjoy the showers. But changing seasons always meant I fell sick. When there was transition in weather, it was the worst time for me. Still, I looked forward to the weekend because I had planned a shopping trip together with my dad. Now a lot of people get excited about the prospect of shopping but my shopping destination wasn't any mall or mart. It was a book store in Bangalore. The store was hosting a sale - books were sold at 200/- per kg! I was delighted to hear about it. After a lot of convincing, my dad agreed to take me there. I was on absolutely thrilled.

       But when the time to leave came, I fell sick. I was running on fever and my dad wasn't sure if the idea of travelling was good in that condition. But I promised him I was fine and I could handle the trip. How would I let such an awesome sale go by without making good use of it? I decided it was against the rule of bibliophiles and set out to Bangalore. I could hardly contain my excitement. The 6 hours journey was one of the longest journey of my life. I could hardly sit still. I was jumping with excitement. And when we finally reached the destination, I felt the trip was totally worth it.

      I have no words to describe the sight that was in front of me. Books were laid out everywhere in that shop. There were nearly six rooms and in each room, heaps and heaps of books were laid out. Every corner of the shop was filled with books. It was a paradise for the book lovers. I could spend days in there without getting bored! A friend of mine, who stays in Bangalore joined me shortly and together we began our book hunt. To be in a place you love is one thing, and then spending the time there together with a friend who shares your love for books is totally another thing. It was like a cherry on top of the cake. We searched through the piles of books, finding the ones we love and stacking them up. Time flew by and before we knew, my dad had come to pick me up. We had a return journey to make. three hours had passed in the store and we were barely aware of it. In the end, I had managed to buy some 30 books that I could enjoy for the next few months at least. Before leaving, I promised my friend that soon we would go there again together and raid the place. I am looking forward to that day.

PS: This post is written for https://housing.com/.

Until the next post,
Keep Reading :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home